Saturday, March 4, 2017

Tips To Staying Healthy At Work

For those of who do not know, I love personal health and wellness! I believe that even when at work it is essential to take care of yourself. Staying healthy at work will lead to fewer missed workdays, greater productivity and less stress. Below are five tips to staying healthy at work. 

1. Move Around
One of the most important things you can do during your day to stay healthy is to exercise. This could be as simple as walking around during your lunch. Getting up and moving around helps to not only burn calories, but also helps to de-stress and refresh your body for the rest of your day. I like to get up and move around at least every hour and then I do a workout in the afternoon. Allowing myself this time helps me to stay focused and not get overwhelmed. 

2. Drink Enough Water
Drinking enough water is a must! You should be drinking at least eight to ten glasses of water everyday. This will help you stay hydrated, which will help to beat the afternoon lull that many people feel. It is also good to eat foods that have a good source of water, such as oranges, grapes, and apples. An easy way to make sure you are getting enough water is to bring a 16 ounce water bottle to work and try to finish it by lunch, then finish two more in the afternoon. Also, setting reminders is a good way to make sure you are staying hydrated. 

3. Eat A Healthy Lunch
Eating a healthy lunch at work is an important part of a balanced diet. Packing a lunch beforehand and insuring you are practicing portion control is a great way to make sure you are not eating too many calories and then sitting all afternoon. Meal prepping on Sunday is how I make sure I have healthy lunches on hand that are the correct portions. 

4. Limit Caffeine Intake
Morning coffee is a must for me, but remember, everything needs to be in moderation. I have my morning coffee and then I do not have any more caffeine for the day. I like to drink decaffeinated tea in the afternoon, then I do not have an afternoon caffeine crash. If you are needing an afternoon boost try green tea or matcha, both will give you some energy without the crash. 

5. Be Self-Aware
Being self-aware is my #1 tip. In order to really stay healthy you need to be self-aware and know yourself and your limits. Knowing when to take breaks and when to take a vacation is very important. It is also important to get in a mindset that recognizes that exercise is a must. Exercise will help you both physically and mentally in all facets of your life. 

Go Get Healthy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment