Everybody loves bread! Right? This french bread is very simple and only takes about an hour and a half to make. It is a great addition to any meal.
- 1½ cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ tablespoons Active Dry Yeast
- 3½ - 4½ cups organic white wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp organic grass fed butter
- 1 tsp oregano
- Combine water, honey, salt and yeast. Let sit for 15 minutes or until there is foam on top.
- Add in 3 cups of the flour and the garlic powder. Add in more flour until the dough sticks to itself but not to your fingers.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 10 minutes.
- Form the dough into a loaf shape and place on a greased cooking sheet.
- Cover with a towel and let sit for about 30-40 minutes or until the loaf has almost doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F
- Melt the butter and add the oregano. Brush the mixture over the top of the loaf. Cut slits in the top of loaf.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until light brown on the top
This recipe is very versatile. You can leave out the garlic powder if you don't want garlic. And you can even change what you put on the top. I will be trying some more variations with this bread. I will update the post with new ideas. Work with it and make it to your liking. Comment below if you come up with any new ideas on what can be added to this bread to make it even better.