Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Bringing In A Healthy New Year

Happy New Year! It has been awhile since I blogged. We were busy with the holidays and vacation. I am back now and ready to bring you more tips to staying healthy and living life. How many of you actually keep the New Year's Resolution that you make? 

One in three Americans makes a New Year’s Resolution. For the first week 75% of people stick to their goals. But only 46% are still on target six months later. 

I made a small list of resolutions that I think will help me better my health and self over the next year.
Think Outside the Box

I love to exercise but doing the same exercise over and over can get very boring and when it gets boring I tend to not want to workout as much. This year I want to come up with new and fun ways that I enjoy to keep myself physically active. I have already given myself the gift of BeachBody On Demand for Christmas. It is like Netflix's but for workouts. Beachbody offers a 30 day free trial for BeachBody On Demand. So, if you are looking for a great place with access to a ton of different workouts check it out.

I know that many women who resolve to become more physically active think just of going to the gym. But then they quit because of lack of time, energy, or money. Or, they may tire of the gym atmosphere. 

There a million ways to get physically active. Get some workout dvds and workout at home or go outside for a walk. Also, don’t think you have to workout for hours to get physically active. Start with thirty minutes five days a week. Do what you like and you will more likely stick to your goal.
Relax 

This year I want to relax and not stress about things as much. I always worry about responsibilities concerning home, school and work. But I need to realize that their aren’t always going to be enough hours in the day to get it all done.

I have found that sitting down on Sunday’s and writing out my schedule and prioritizing my tasks has really helped me to be more efficient and also less stressed. It also allows me to tackle one thing at a time. Find what works best for you. 
Read More

I love to read. I use to hate it but my mom just kept pushing me and pushing me until I found a book I liked and ever since than I have been hooked. 

This year I want to read more and watch less tv. I want to read a total of 30 books in 2016. I am going to come up with a list of books I want to complete this year.

I just finished my first one which was The Infinite Sea: The Second Book of the 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. Reading has so many benefits and really just makes me feel good and happy. 

Keep Degree On Track

My last resolution is to get 90% of my Bachelors in Marketing completed. I am currently at 65% completed. I am really loving my experience at CSU - Global and can’t wait to see what comes next. 

I just started a new term on Monday and I am taking Personal Selling and Sales Management. And Promotion and Public Relations. I can’t wait to dive into these courses and learn more about marketing.

Comment and let me know what your New Year's Resolutions are. 

Have A Healthy Year! 


No comments:

Post a Comment