Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Move Of The Day - Surrender Lunges!

 Picture From Womens Health
Gonna switch my post up today and give you all a move of the day. And the move is surrender lunges!! I absolutely love this excierise. I did surrender lunges on Monday with ten pound dumbbells and I am still sore today. 

How to:

-Start by standing with feet shoulder-width apart. 

-There are a couple options of what to do with your arms. You can have your arms raised overhead, on your hips or you can also hold dumbbells. Do whatever you feel comfortable with. 

-Drop your right leg to the floor into a kneeling position, then drop your left leg, keeping arms lifted the entire time.

-Stand back up without using your arms, starting with your left leg, then right.

-Repeat sequence, starting with opposite leg.

-Do for 1 minute, alternating legs.

-Rest and repeat as many times as you want. I did a total of four minutes on Monday.
Surrender lunges target lower back, glutes, quads. Great exercise to target problem areas.

Give them a try and let me know what you think! Or even better post a picture in the comment of you doing the move of the day! :) 

Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment