Saturday, October 22, 2016

Chipotle Turkey Chili

I have never made chili in my life nor have I ever eaten chili in my life because I have a thing against beans. But, I have working very hard to start eating black beans and I do not mind them now. This recipe is super easy, healthy and of course delicious. :)

Ingredients:
1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
3 Garlic Cloves; Minced
1 Sweet Onion; Chopped
1 Red Pepper; Diced
1 Tablespoons Chili Powder
1 Dash Chipotle Chili Pepper
1 Teaspoon Cumin
1 Teaspoon Oregano
1/2 Pound Lean Ground Turkey
1 - 8 oz Can Tomato Sauce
2 Small Tomatoes; Diced
1 Whole Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce; Minced
1/2 Cup Of Water
12 oz Frozen Sweet Corn
15 oz Black Beans; Rinsed And Drained
Salt And Pepper; To Taste

Optional For Serving:
Greek Yogurt
Avocado
Tortilla chips

Directions:

Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add in garlic, onions and red bell pepper and saute for 5-7 minutes or until onions and bell pepper until soften.

Next add in ground turkey, making sure to break up the lumps; cook until turkey is no longer pink. Add the chili powder, cumin, oregano; stir, and cook another minute.

Add in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chipotle pepper, water, corn, and black beans. Add a little salt and pepper. If you want your chili to be more spicy add in more chipotle peppers. I do not like my food very spicy so I made this pretty mild.

Bring chili to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for at least an hour. Be sure to stir occasionally.

Taste the chili and adjust seasonings as necessary. This recipe makes about 4 servings. Serve with greek yogurt, avocado,and tortilla chips.
Our favorite chips to use are Way Better Snacks Sprouted Sweet Potato Chips. The only ingredients are stone ground non-GMO whole corn, sunflower oil, sweet potato, sprouted seed and grain blend (sprouted quinoa, sprouted chia seed), and pure sea salt. They are super good too!!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment