Monday, March 14, 2016

Finishing Up The Day the Crayons Came Home & Starting Everything, Everything

I loved the book we read this week! The Day the Crayons Came Home by Drew Daywalt. I also love that I got to have my mom read it to me. :) We had such a great time reading this book together over Skype. 
My mom actually knows the Author of The Day The Crayons Came Home and has been Skyped him as a guest author. Check out her blog post  A Very Special Visit From One Of Our Favorite Authors....Drew Daywalt....And A Few Awesome Crayons Too! 
If you loved The Day the Crayons Came home check out Every Crayon Counts where you can show your support for the Crayons! You get to pick a color and make a message and then share your support on social media. This is such a fun way to go beyond the book. Check out this blog post from The Library Voice to learn more about The Crayons Are Coming Home....And You Can Create Your Very Own Too!.

The next book on our list is Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. We will be starting it today Monday March 14th and ending on Monday March 28th. 

Synopsis From Goodreads: My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.


For a full list of all the books we will be reading this year check out our Tackk here Books Without Borders

Lets Get Reading! 


No comments:

Post a Comment