Saturday, June 24, 2017

How I Found My Ideal Niche

Do you ever feel like things come into life right when you need them the most? This is how I felt this morning as I listened to Natalie Eckdahl's podcast. The podcast was called The Magical Art of Niching Down. At the time I was expecting a regular podcast that I would listen to as I did my morning routine, but the podcast grabbed my attention when Natalie said "when you try to talk to EVERYONE, you end up talking to no one". 

The reason this spoke to me is because I have been feeling this way in my business latley. I have so many passions and I want to help everyone, but that is not realistic and it is stretching me too thin. I took Natalie's advice and took 30 minutes this morning to brainstorm my ideal niche and I am so happy with my results and wanted to share how I found my ideal niche! 

I started my brainstorming session by sitting down with a big piece of paper and wrote my top ten passions and interests. To create my ideal niche I knew that I needed to find something that I truly was passionate about and that could make the biggest difference. After making this list I found a common theme...EDUCATION! 

The other day I was telling my mom how dissapointed I was that I did not learn practical skills that I can use in my business throughout college. My mom has always been a huge influence in my life and was actually my high school librarian. Today my mom, Shannon Miller is an International Speaker, and Consultant, Author, Future Ready Libraries and Project Connect Spokesperson and so much more.  I have seen her make a huge difference in so many people's lives and I want to do the same.

Based off this frustration and how I can see personally that there is a gap in education I made this one of the main problem that my ideal niche is experiencing. My ideal niche is having problems with resources and support to help them make a change in the education world. From here I found that I can help solve this problem by being a voice to help spread the word by sharing through social media and marketing.

Based off everything that I found and an amazing brainstorming session with my mom I found that I want to focus on educational sales reps, influences, and organizations who are looking to change the education world. I am going to help my niche by supporting them to make a change. 
It was hard choosing one main thing to work towards. Especially with my passions in so many different areas, but I am excited about my niche and I know that putting all my efforts into this niche is going to make me the happiest and help me to make a difference. 

What do you think? Are you ready to find your ideal niche? 

No comments:

Post a Comment