Monday, February 15, 2016

Homemade Flour Tortillas

I love to make homemade bread. It tastes so much better and I love that I can make it organic. 

A couple weeks ago I decided to make my own tortillas for Taco Tuesday. They turned out great. I have been making them whenever we have tortillas now. 

They are tasty and not hard to make. Give them a try! 

Ingredients

2 Cups all-purpose flour or whole-wheat flour

1/2 Teaspoon salt

3/4 Cup water

3 Tablespoons olive oil

Directions

In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Stir in water and oil. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10-12 times, adding a little flour or water if needed to achieve a smooth dough. Let rest for 10 minutes.

Divide dough into eight portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 7-in. circle.

In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook tortillas over medium heat for 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned. Keep warm. 

Makes 8 tortillas.

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment