Thursday, November 10, 2016

What I Eat For Lunch Everyday - Big Ass Salad

I have been wanting to share what I eat for lunch for awhile now but keep forgetting. I just had a friend remind me and so here it is. :) Each day for lunch I eat a BAS or big ass salad. I started doing this about four months ago and ever since I have seen a change in my energy, metabolism and overall health. 

What? All that from just eating a big salad every day? Yep, of course the other parts of your diet are important but I thank most of my new found energy and health on my big ass salad! :) 

This salad has 5.5 servings of vegetables, 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of protein. I also like to eat a second fruit with lunch such as blueberries or cantaloupeHere is what you need in order to make this big ass salad! :) 

Ingredients: 

Big Ass Salad: 
2 Cups Spinach or Kale (Kale is my favorite) 
1 Roma Tomato
1/2 Cup Cucumber 
1/2 Bell Pepper (Yellow is my favorite)
1/4 Cup Shredded Carrots 
1/2 Avocado 
4 Oz Chicken or Other Protein 
Ground Pepper, To Taste 

Just chop all these ingredients up and put them in a giant bowl. :) 

Dressing:
1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar 

Mix oil and vinegar together and pour over the salad. I do not love dressing so if you do like a lot of dressing you may want to double the recipe. 

Also, If you do not like balsamic search around on Pinterest and other sites and find something that works for your taste. I honestly could eat the salad without dressing. But here is an alternative option that I know is also tasty. 

Alternative Dressing: 
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Teaspoon White Vinegar
1 Teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
Ground Pepper, To Taste


I would love each of you to try eating this salad for lunch everyday for just one month. After that month you will be able to tell a huge difference. Trust me after you get in the habit of eating this salad for lunch you will not want anything else for lunch. :) 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment